Illbruck TP600 Compriband 600 Window, Facade
TP600 is an impregnated joint sealing tape for use in a wide variety of movement joints including window perimeter seals and other applications.
TP600 is an impregnated joint sealing tape for use in a wide variety of movement joints including window perimeter seals and other applications. Weather tight against the most severe combinations of wind and rain, it satisfies most expectations as an external weather seal in building and civil engineering applications. With full BBA approval, the product has been extensively tested and has a proven reputation across both the UK and Europe. BBA Certificate N° 96/3309 and, as part of the i3 system, N° 12/4891.
- 15 year performance guarantee
- Weather seal for wind-driven rain
- Breathable – for vapour diffusion
- Continually expands and contracts to accommodate movement whilst still sealing the joints
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- TP600 is not suitable for locations where standing water or a head of water is likely to occur, eg under a window fixed on a flat topped sub-cill where the tape is not within 2-3 mm of the vertical face of the sub-sill.
- High temperatures accelerate tape expansion, while low temperatures delay this. At ambient temperatures above 20°C, the tape should be stored in a cool place on the construction site away from direct sunlight. A small fridge is ideal for this.
- Remaining rolls in opened boxes should be maintained in a horizontal state and weighed down to prevent lateral expansion (telescoping) of the rolls. Whilst it is unnecessary to seal over the external face of the tape, the exposed edge can be plastered or painted over. The compatibility of sealants must be tested. In some cases, white sealants can be incompatible. The tape must not come into contact with chemicals containing solvents or aggressive chemicals.