ME220 EPDM membrane is used for weather sealing the connecting joint between a window or a façade & an adjacent structure (e.g. a wall, concrete panel, steel frame, etc.), or to provide an internal air-tight barrier in a similar detail.
If an internal and external membrane is required, in order to meet the principle of ‘inside tighter than outside’, ME220 should be located as the inner membrane and ME501 Duo Window Membrane HD as the outer membrane. This will ensure that the inner seal is more vapour tight than the outer which will facilitate drying out of any entrapped moisture between the two layers.
For final sealing of overlaps and membrane connections, use OT015 adhesive. Connections of membranes to asphalt or PVC hydro-insulation foils must be made with a transition metal sheet. The above membrane adhesives may not be compatible with these materials, which may inhibit the effectiveness of the required water tightness. Refer to sales office for further advice. When bonding the membrane to styrene foam or similar, OT008 Butyl Rubber based Paste Adhesive should be used.
- High resistance to mechanical damage
- Excellent movement capability in both transverse and longitudinal direction with excellent material recovery after elongation
- Excellent weathering, ageing and UV radiation resistance
- Excellent moisture vapour barrier
- Tensile Strength > 6.5 MPa
- Airtightness (EN 12208) > Class 4
- Water tightness (EN 12210) > Class 9A
- Temperature Resistance – 30°C to + 150°C
- Roll Length: 25m
- Thickness: 0.75mm